Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This makes me so happy!


So I've been meaning to/wanting to start recycling for several years now. After Levi's lesson in school last year, teaching them to "reduce, recycle, and reuse", I almost made the leap, but for some reason getting started seemed so daunting to me. I kept thinking it'd be a big expense to get all the organizers that I needed, or that it would be too much of a pain, or that we had no space to store it, or insert numerous other excuses here. My friend Jen had me take a look in her garage, and to my great surprise, any random storage box in the house is suitable for storing the recyclable items! (Must not have thought that one through too much.) Anyway, this is our first load that's getting close to full. Maybe it's the honeymoon stage, but I can't help but smile when I see how much stuff I'm not sending to the landfill. This family's turning just a little bit green!

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Gail! That's a big step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! The next amazing part will be when you see how little trash you have for the trash man. Even with the diapers we throw out we only have 1-2 bags of trash a week, everything else we recycle. its crazy.

    ReplyDelete