Thursday, April 16, 2009

Playdate with Sarah

Sarah and I had about an hour at the Sonic park tonight before Robbie and the boys joined us for her Kindergarten Roundup. I don't remember the last time I went somewhere just to play with her (without the other kids). I had such a great time watching her play, and she loved being the center of my attention! I would be so happy if she and I were as close when she's grown up as I am to my mom. I know it may sound strange, but I seriously talk to my mom almost every day--just to check in, see what she's up to, ask her about a recipe, get her advice on something that's going on with my kids,... She's one of my best friends. Hope I'm not warping my little princess too much in her younger years and that someday she'll look at me like that.

This is the 2nd "men's shirt to girl's dress", by the way. I'm adding on these last 2 pictures for my mom to see. Gotta love the big red bow!

4 comments:

  1. The plaid dress is adorable too Gail- You are getting pretty talented at sewing!
    Of course you'll be close to your little girl and sons when they grow up. It's all part of the bond of love within a family. Love you much! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gail! I just stumbled upon your blog. Great to "catch up" with your family. Your kids are cuties. I love the little dress. If only I was a seamstress...

    I completely understand the talking to your mom thing. I also talk to my mom nearly everyday and often twice a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures of you and Sarah, can't wait to hear about roundup and your next sewing project, does Rob have any shirts left?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are gorgeous - you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete