Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"It's my lucky day!'

Sarah quote, "It's my lucky day! Because I got to play with my Easy Bake oven and Amy babysat me. I wished for that, and my wish came true!" (Imagine this in an extremely dreamy, sing songy, dramatic voice.) Sarah LOVES it when Caleb and Amy Jo come play with her--they went all out this time. I'm nominating them babysitters of the year. They brought cups to stack--notice Sarah concentrating and Jas looking super proud...

...a volcano to erupt. Jason must have felt at least 3 years old, getting to pour in the vinegar all by himself! (I doubt I'd let him do that, but I love it that he got to!)

Then they made this cool pasty mixture--can't remember what all was in it, but I think it was cornstarch and water and who knows what else. I actually played with it when I got home. It feels hard like a solid when you first touch it, then it begins to ooze, and it's just the most amazing thing. You gotta try it with your kids. I'll try to find the recipe for it. Scientist Levi must have been in heaven!
They wondered what it would feel like to walk in it--I'm seeing a recurring theme of my kids being on top of counters/tables in this blog!) They did several other fun projects, and one of the best parts--it was all cleaned up by the time we got home! Oh, please come back and love up on my kiddos, Coltranes! They couldn't stop talking about their fun night!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! they're like Mary Poppins and Bill Nye the Science Guy all rolled into one!! Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to one "recipe" for the goo: http://www.seed.slb.com/en/scictr/lab/cornstarch/index.htm

    It's just cornstarch and water. We used a box of cornstarch and added water slowly till it "felt right" :)

    Love love love Sarah's quote--it made my day! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete