Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting Crafty

So I got a sewing machine from my Grandma a few years ago, and lately I've had the urge to pull it out and create something. The kids got this cute teddy bear from a college student friend of theirs, and I thought he/she could use some clothes. After about 45 minutes, here's what he/she got. Levi thought they were amazing, but Sarah said the bear looks silly, and it's better with no clothes on.
All we had was pink ribbon, so I proclaimed the bear a girl! The kids like the tiny pockets.
I had a slight problem with the crotch--let's just say they were a little too low rise for my taste, so I had to patch it up and make some adjustments.
And last but not least, Levi got to make a pillow for the bear! He did a great job--he first tried to make it as a surprise for Sarah with his new stapler, but he thought the stuffing (that he pulled out of another stuffed animal w/out my knowledge) would come out through the spaces between the staples, so we worked together to create this. Next it's on to a tote for a little neighbor who requested one, and after that, the sky's the limit!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Gail! I'm so proud of you! You're right the sky is the limit now! Love-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed !! Your oldest sister can't stitch a lick! Perhaps I should attempt to but my momma lives just too close by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail! You're so great at posting frequently! I love it....the pants are so cute. My mom would be so proud. She made so many outfits for my cabbage patch dolls and bears over the years....

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing. we have tons of naked bears and babies if you are bored. :)

    ReplyDelete