Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School Days

Well, I survived letting my kids go off to school. The were both talking a mile a minute afterwards, telling us all about it over an Appebee's celebratory meal. Sarah says she was the "goodest" one--she only talked when she raised her hand. I guess she did this 3 times--once to use the restroom, once for a drink, and once because she needed to get the pebbles out of her shoes--I'm guessing these were the only 3 times she opened her mouth this morning! She helped a little girl tie her shoes, and she's already made lots of new friends. She exclaimed, "Kindergarten is AWESOME!" Miss Horan said she was a little shy, but other than that, she was great. Levi loves his new teacher--says he'd give her 10 thumbs up if he had that many thumbs! He's so excited that he gets to sit next to Micah and Isaac, and he thinks this teacher doesn't mind a bit if they talk. He said she even turned off the AC some so that they could hear each other better when they were chatting with each other. I've tried to warn him that the rules might change soon, but he's convinced that this year's going to be a breeze! He looked all over the room, and could find no cards to be turned (this is how some classes handle discipline issues--start out on green, then go to other colors of cards when you get warnings.) I'm afraid he might be in for a rude awakening, but so far, he's feeling lots of freedom! I so love to hear these kids talk about their days...hope they never get too cool for mom and dad!






8 comments:

  1. Gail! So glad you commented! I had forgotten what an experienced blogger you are! :P I'm so glad the kids enjoyed their first day at school! Hope it's not too traumatic for you! I'd love to chat with you. Is tomorrow ok? I have plans Friday and I'm not sure when I'll be home. Miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well. I got teary eyed multiple times today thinking about you and others sending your baby off to Kindergarten for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Sarah is kindergarten. It really is crazy how fast kids grow up.

    -Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, I cannot believe your kids are that grown up!! Levi looks like Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, great pictures! Tell them hi for me! I'm so glad they loved their first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is crazy how fast kids grow up.Aw, great pictures!!!!thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    renee
    Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pictures Gail. They are growing up so very fast! Levi looks all inquisitive as usual and Sarah looks pretty bashful. Love those kids! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pics, wow she's kindergarten. They grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete