Sunday, August 9, 2009

CORN!!!


I spent a day this past week at my Dad and Mom's house freezing corn, with the help of a couple sisters, my Mom and lots of nieces and nephews. What a messy job--but we did all but the cooking in the garage this time, so it was a super easy clean up with a broom and the hose. Lots of memories of doing this on the farm growing up--I just never got quite as into the worms/caterpillars as our kids did. They were a huge help--even got in on stomping the trash can down so we add to it. After dividing the corn all up, I'm not sure it was worth the time and effort, but we sure had fun!





How do you rotate these pictures? I can't figure it out.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like this was such fun!! I'm pretty sure you have to rotate the photo when you upload it to your computer. Then when you search for it to add it to your blog post, it will already be rotated. I don't think you can after you upload it to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that corn does bring back memories! What a big day that was but lots of fun too. Love-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did some of that too. Gotta love the free farm produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, just looked at these photos again. And Jacki is a splitting image of Jody. I mean, like twins.

    Happy Birthday friend - love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like this was such fun!!!!What a big day that was but lots of fun ...thanks for sharing....
    ___________________
    renee
    Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices

    ReplyDelete