Saturday, September 5, 2009

My little chef




















Sarah loves to experiment with her food--calling them her her "secret recipes". Here are just a couple ways she ate her food this week.
First, you'll see her chicken/cheese/corn/peas/salsa combination. She thought it was amazing. Another day for breakfast she asked for oatmeal, and while it was cooking, she decided she was hungry for banana bread. Her secret recipe consisted of banana bread, with a thick topping of oatmeal, with peanuts sprinkled on top. It was so good that she's asked me to make more banana bread so she can try it again! Aunt Emily, I think she may be taking after you in the kitchen!















2 comments:

  1. So proud of my niece!! I'm not too sure about the oatmeal/peanut combo, but I won't knock it til I try it! :) See you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I went through a phase like this when I was about Sarah's age. One of my favorites was piling ice cream and toppings (including cinnamon) inside a tortilla and then chocolate sauce on top. It looked so fancy!!

    ReplyDelete