Friday, March 4, 2011

"Talking teror"

Today Jason and I decided to tackle the boys' room--this is a job that we really have to do while Levi's at school. He's good at "picking up" his room most days, but he never really tackles his "collections". This kid has more collections than you can imagine--piles of old Valentines, piles of dum dum wrappers, piles of cards, piles of legos, piles of papers, and papers, and papers, torn out pictures from magazines, ... and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS A TREASURE TO HIM!! We actually play a game regularly at our home called, "trash or treasure?" I show him different things and have him tell me if they're worth collecting. Sounds mean, but the kid would have his treasures up to the ceiling if I didn't go in and clean it out every once in a while...and always while he's at school. I did find some real treasures, though, as I was cleaning stuff out from under his bed. This picture and what he wrote made me smile...
I love Levi's drawings and his creativity...and some day--many, many years from now, I'll miss his collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment