Friday, February 5, 2010

Volcanos and Cakes

I just love how proud Jason looks in this picture, so I had to add it in here. He got this volcano at his friend Jonathon's birthday party and had so much fun adding vinegar and watching it erupt--again, and again, and again! My vinegar is gone, but it was so worth it to make him so happy!
My little Levi turned 8 years old this week! This was one of his favorite gifts--cost me a whopping 3 dollars and maybe 70 cents--some offer I got in the mail and knew he'd love. I got the binder and some "research pages" (Levi loves to do research on animals), and canceled everything else that was to come--not bad, but they must have given my email address out, because I get about 200 spam messages a day now!
Here's my little Jas licking his first beater ever! I'm a little paranoid about letting my kids eat raw eggs--I decided to loosen up a bit today, and he was one happy kid!

My sweet friend Beth came over and helped me make Levi's birthday cake--he's having a Lego party, so we decided to attempt a lego cake. Since we didn't use fondant, it's not as perfect as some, but we had a great time, and Levi thinks it's the best cake ever!

Of course the kids wanted to help out, so I let them each decorate their own cake with the leftovers. They wanted to serve it to the 20 college guys that are sleeping at our house tonight--I probably should have, but I couldn't quite do it!
And here's the finished product. Can't wait till his party tomorrow night--we're having some major Lego competitions--I'll try to post those pictures soon.

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing Gail! Did the refrigerating after the crumb layer help??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it helped it harden up a bit. It's far from perfect, but I'm not a perfectionist, so it was okay by me! By the end, I was just slopping it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lego cake looks awesome! Wish we could have been there to share it. ~Mark

    ReplyDelete