Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun in the sun



We've spent lots of hours at the neighborhood pool the past week or two--I'm loving that the kids hardly ever fight in the water! Two out of the last 3 nights we were there till 7 or so, and came home pretty hungry. I've decided to plan lots of meals and have them in the freezer or easily accessible for these fun summer days. Today I spent hours planning meals and getting groceries--tomorrow I'll get some cooked up and in the freezer--also got lots of easy stuff to grill and things I can throw together last minute. If anyone has any great and easy summer recipes, pass them on!
Oh, Jason--how can you be so incredibly wonderful?!? This kid has a grin on his face all the time! He is a breath of fresh air to me, (unless he's whining!) He's so happy to have Daddy back after being gone all last week. Doesn't want to let him out of his sight.



And here's our fun news for the week--Sarah has finally decided to go underwater! I've seriously given the girl 3 summers of swimming lessons, and up until 2 days ago, she hadn't gotten brave enough to go underwater. This week I decided to coax (bribe) her by promising to make her this cool cake and letting her have a party to celebrate if she learned to go under.

Pool and Jello Cake Recipe


That did it--she's loving it! I'm so proud of how much fun she's having! But swimming (and giving up her nap, which I just couldn't let her give up until now) sure makes her tuckered out! Here's how I found her the other day on our living room couch.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Sarah! That's alot of progress in a few days! Love-Dad & Mom H

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so miss sarah is doing an awesome job!!!! but, two questions;
    1.)did you really make that cake because is has a website through it..i am slightly suspisious??
    2.) is that humanly possible to be in the position sarah was in?..not healthy!
    <3 ya guys!!! cousin Jacquie

    ReplyDelete