Friday, January 7, 2011

The big day

About a month ago, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. This past month has seemed like a lifetime, but today is the day of surgery to remove the tumor--possibly the whole right lung. As I type, we're in the waiting room, waiting for Mom to go into surgery. The first surgery of the day took 4 or 5 hours longer than they anticipated, so Mom's was bumped back. It should begin today around 5:00. Please be praying that they'll be able to get all of the cancer, that Mom's body will respond well to the surgery, that her heart and left lung would be strong, ... It's been a LONG day already! I am sooo thankful that we know the Great Physician, the Prince of Peace, and that we have such a wonderful, supportive family!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Gail... I will definitely be praying! Keep us updated! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your family can all be together. Praying for healing for your mom and that you all will experience the Lord's indescribable peace and comfort as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis, but I am lifting her up in prayer. As you said, God is our Great Physician and He has His hand on your sweet mama. I always loved your mom, she has such a tender spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. been praying for your mom, hang in there! I know you are anxious to get her back into full health again. Lots are praying!!

    ReplyDelete